Something you can’t live without in HK… Your HKID

Mcdonald-HKIDYour Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID card) will be the most important document you need to acquire once you land in Hong Kong. You need this to open a bank account, rent a flat, hire a helper, apply for a credit card and start utilities accounts (gas, water, phone, Internet, cable TV, etc).

Generally the process of obtaining a HKID is very efficient, especially if you book online which can be done at:

The address of the Immigration office in Wan Chai is:

8/F Immigration Tower
7 Gloucester Road
Wan Chai

MTR – Wan Chai Station, Exit A5

Organise to do this as soon as you can after you arrive in Hong Kong.