Posted by heo
Covid-19 Update from King’s
Keeping you informed
If we have not met before, my name is Paulina Rozynska and I look after our East Asian (Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea), Australia, Turkey & CIS markets at King’s College London.
During this challenging time, we understand there are concerns about the impact Covid-19 will have for the new academic year and what this may mean for your students who hold an offer with King’s, as well as those looking to apply in the future years. With the UCAS deadline having passed, it’s important that you and your students are aware of the plans and measures that King’s is taking to ensure the safety and wellbeing of students from the start of the new academic year.
With the changes to how A levels, IB and equivalent qualifications are being awarded, we are working on an extensive range of measures to mitigate the impact on students and ensure that no-one is disadvantaged.
King’s is Open. We are ready to welcome students when the new academic year starts as scheduled in September. We are committed to providing students the high-quality learning and enriching university experience that they can expect from King’s, whether they can join us in London or not.
We put safety first. As we open our campuses, we will put in place appropriate and specific measures to protect the health and wellbeing of our community of students and staff, in line with UK Government guidance.
We’re preparing for flexible teaching. We know that regular interaction and discussion with our expert teaching staff, with individual support for each student, is what matters most to our students and this will continue to be at the heart of our educational provision however teaching is delivered. Online teaching will take place where we cannot be certain to ensure safe distancing, including teaching in larger groups such as lectures, at least for the first semester. As this is an evolving situation, we are in direct contact with students holding offers at King’s on a regular basis, so they are being updated when we have new information.
Guidance and support for offer holders and information for applicants can be found on our Coronavirus FAQs webpages.
There is several funding options still available and open to international students (with some country specific). Students can search and apply on the Scholarships page.
King’s Offer Holders
For students holding an offer with King’s, we have a suite of information available on the Offer Holder Hub. The hub has faculty and course-specific information and resources, offer holder events, social media groups to sign up to, student testimonials, virtual campus tours information on our residences, our students’ union KCLSU and lots more.
Students holding an offer for King’s will have been invited to access the hub, so please let your students know to keep an eye on their emails for information from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Events for Prospective Students
Although we are unable to travel, we would still like the opportunity to interact with your students. For students looking to join us in 2021, we will be running a series of information sessions which they can book online here.
Alternatively, if your school are running any online events you would like King’s to be part of, please email me on email@example.com.
King’s Community on Unibuddy
King’s is also on Unibuddy, so students can find a current King’s student, academic or staff member to ask their questions directly to. All they need to do is create an account by clicking on the ‘Sign up’ tab on our Unibuddy webpage, and then they can start interacting immediately.
Resources Hub for Schools – Sign up to the Hub here
As part of our commitment to providing information and resources that benefits prospective students, teachers and counsellors, membership to our digital Schools Liaison Hub offers you access to useful content and tools including:
- Videos on applying, competitive courses, personal statements, help on aptitude tests and interviews
- An interactive Personal Statement workshop for you to use in the classroom
- Videos on subject-specific courses, digital brochures and links to taster days.
King’s Service to Society
King’s is putting the community at the forefront with vital research, development and training taking place during the Covid-19 pandemic. From hosting a diagnostics centre to looking at the mental health effects of the pandemic, read about King’s response to the coronavirus.
Posted by heo
Posted by heo
As we celebrate the end of another academic year, we want to thank you for all your hard work! With many unforeseen bumps in the road, we recognize your efforts to support and motivate students throughout the application process, especially students who find their home at TCNJ! Know that we value our partnership with the school counseling community and we simply couldn’t be successful without you!
We also wanted to give you a sneak peak at some exciting changes coming to our application process next year. We’ve already shared the big one in a previous message: TCNJ will be test-optional for Fall 2021 applicants. We also have some revamped academic specializations that may be intriguing to your students, including:
- Art History and Visual Culture
- Astronomy/Astrophysics (specialization within Physics)
- Biochemistry (specialization within Chemistry)
- Biomedical Physics (specialization within Physics)
- Data Sciences (specialization within Computer Science or Mathematics)
- Geophysics (specialization within Physics)
- Materials Science (specialization within Chemistry or Physics)
- Special Education – Secondary Education (in Biology, English, History and Math)
- World Languages and Linguistics (specializations in French, Italian, Japanese and Spanish)
This is also an exciting time in the virtual world! We highly encourage your students and their families to participate in one of our Virtual Admissions Presentations. School counselors interested in learning more about TCNJ and our application process are welcome to join us too!
TCNJ is also supporting a variety of virtual college fairs and other online events where students, parents and school counselors can connect with us virtually!
While we understand that this upcoming school year will have its own unique challenges, our desire to help your students discover their passions and succeed in their college search remains unmatched. Our TCNJ Admissions Staff is always here to help you with any questions that you may have for your students.
Posted by heo
UChicago Admissions is excited to offer online educational opportunities and virtual programming where you can learn about UChicago and the ins and outs of the college application process. Beginning Monday, March 30, and continuing Monday through Friday, please join an admissions counselor for a live information session that provides an overview of UChicago’s academics, application process, and financial aid. These sessions are open to interested students of all ages, and we will keep an eye on the chat to ensure that your specific questions are answered during the session. Please take a look at the dates and times available and register to join us!
Want to learn more about the campus itself? There’s no better way than hearing about it from our students! Take a virtual tour around campus, learn about our students’ experiences with the Core curriculum and so much more, and view it all at your convenience!
We are happy to help with any questions you may have. Do not hesitate to reach out to us at us at collegeadmissions@uchicago.
We look forward to speaking with you about the liberal arts education, our specific UChicago curriculum, highly selective admissions, and any other questions you may have. Keep an eye on your inbox for updates as we continue to roll out our online offerings and we hope to (virtually) see you soon!
In the meantime, please stay healthy and safe!
Posted by heo
Posted by heo
Please find attached Bangor University’s latest international newsletter – keeping you up to date with our news, images and announcements.
Bangor University … at a glance
Awarded Gold Award, the highest rating possible,
in the national Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
• Top 10 UK University for Student Satisfaction (The National Student Survey 2019)
• Top 50 UK University (QS World University Rankings 2019)
• Top 40 UK University for Research (REF 2014)
• Generous scholarships of up to £4,000 a year
• No. 1 most affordable place to study in the UK (Totally Money 2019)
• Located just three hours from London by train
• Awarded ‘First Class Honours’ for its sustainability (People & Planet 2019)
• No. 8 in the world for its commitment to sustainability according to an international league table of environmentally friendly institutions, earlier this year (UI Green Metric, 2019)
• 18 academic schools and more than 250 undergraduate degrees
Posted by heo
HKBU application for 2020 entry has already begun:
- Two rounds of applications:
main round: 20 Sep 2019 – 2 Jan 2020;
extended round: 8 Jan – 29 May 2020.
Apply via the Online Application System at https://iss.hkbu.edu.hk/amsappl_nj/ .
- High school transcripts and predicted IB scores are required.
- Personal statement and academic reference are optional.
- Portfolio is required for Film studies and Visual Arts.
- Submission is completed only after successful payment of application fee.
- Shortlisted applicants might be (1) invited to interview/audition/test; or (2) given a conditional/firm offer based on predicted grade, etc.
- Details of individual program is available at http://admissions.hkbu.edu.hk/en/international.html
- Leaflet of HKBU international admission: http://admissions.hkbu.edu.hk/ug/intl_prospectus
- Students may apply with IB result.
- Minimum requirement for IB: completion of IB Diploma
- English requirement: Grade 4 in English A (HL/SL)/ English B (HL)/ English Literature and Performance (SL); or Grade 5 in English B (SL). For other recognised English Language qualifications, please refer to http://http://admissions.hkbu.edu.hk/ug/lang_req.
- Some programmes may have specific entrance requirement, e.g. Chinese proficiency for Chinese Medicine, ABRSM exam result for Music, etc.
- Outstanding applicants will be considered for scholarship automatically. No extra application is required.
- The earlier they apply, the better chance qualified students could receive a scholarship.
- International students are most welcome to contact me or our non-JUPAS team for inquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are going to host a series of webinars on our programmes and life in Hong Kong. Counsellor, students and parents are welcome to register. Audience may ask question and receive instant response from the host. This month, we have invited different faculties and their respective current students to introduce their programmes and opportunities, and their student life at HKBU. Webinar details are appended below for your information.
|Monday, 14 October||6:30-7:30pm (HKT)||Programme Introduction of Faculty of Science||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4703601194400490508|
|Tuesday, 15 October||6:30-7:30pm (HKT)||Programme Introduction of School of Business||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1921527812730252044|
|Thursday, 17 October||6:30-7:30pm (HKT)||Programme Introduction of Faculty of Social Sciences||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4036849646106234124|
|Monday, 21 October||6:30-7:30pm (HKT)||Programme Introduction of Faculty of Arts||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3197312045160282380|
|Tuesday, 22 October||6:30-7:30pm (HKT)||Programme Introduction of School of Chinese Medicine||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2713580805008076044|
|Wednesday, 23 October||6:30-7:30pm (HKT)||Programme Introduction of School of Communication||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3049098977247194892|
|Thursday, 24 October||6:30-7:30pm (HKT)||Programme Introduction of Academy of Visual Arts||https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2926557306820457740|
Posted by heo
The International Admissions team at the University of Pittsburgh is excited to welcome you to our new newsletter! Please find the newsletter in the attachment.
Scholarship Consideration Deadline
Application Deadline for Fall 2020 Admission
Enrollment Deposit Deadline
Posted by heo
Buckingham is the UK’s leading University for Teaching Quality according to the annual Times/Sunday Times rankings – we are consistently ranked 1st in the UK and have a TEF Gold rating. We are also top 5 for staff/student ratios and student experience. We are a non-profit University with a Royal Charter from Queen Elizabeth II. We have welcomed international students for over 40 years with 100+ countries represented on campus in 2019.
· Buckingham’s two year honours degrees allow students to experience high quality UK University education at a lower cost and with more study focus. Students can complete their Masters in 3 years or a 1+2 foundation+ bachelors’ degree in 3 years.
· Buckingham enrols students in January and September. Both intakes are still accepting applications direct or via UCAS. The January intake is particularly popular with students and their parents/advisers if they have not secured a place in the UK in September or have been unhappy elsewhere and wish to get their studies back on track. They can start with us in January and graduate before their peers two years later.
· Buckingham is amongst the UK Universities with the lowest crime in the UK (according to the Complete University Guide annual rankings on this issue)
· The campus is beautiful and unique, just 60 minutes from central London but in a classic English town setting, halfway between Oxford and Cambridge. We have an accommodation guarantee scheme in place for September and January entry.
· The University of Buckingham’s Medical School admits students in January each year, including high school graduates. We do not require UKCAT/BMAT and do not have a cap on International student numbers, unlike other UK Universities. We also still accept applications all year round, after the traditional UCAS October UK deadline.
Posted by heo
Follow your passions or discover new ones
Undecided or already decided, with more than 230 areas of study there’s always a way to pursue the things you love at NYU. Whether you’re an artist, a coder, an entrepreneur, or a researcher discover the experience waiting for you at one of the best universities in the world.
Is Undecided Really Okay?
If you’re not sure what you’re interested in studying, you still have interests and passions. Our Admissions Officer, Phoebe, explains how to navigate NYU when you’re unsure what to study.
Read More: HERE
Making it Personal
Our admissions staff is traveling the country hoping to meet students like you, but striking up a conversation with an admissions officer can be a little awkward. We get it. Here are some tips for a great conversation with your admissions rep.
Read More: Here
In the Pursuit of Answers
When most people hear the word research the first thing they think of is science. At NYU, research goes beyond the lab and is in the DNA of everything we do. Students from across the university and disciplines come together to research all aspects of the world around us.
Read More: HERE
Finding your Place as an “International” Student
How do you figure out if a school is the right fit when you can’t visit? Whether you’re from Texas and hoping to go to NYU Abu Dhabi or from Sydney and dreaming about New York City. Our Admissions Officer, Eudora, shares tips on how to approach the college search process when going to campus isn’t an option.
Read More: HERE
Start your Start-Up
Maybe you haven’t found the right major but you know what interests you and where you want to be in life. NYU’s Leslie eLab provides a creative space for student entrepreneurs to turn their latest inventions and ideas into successful business ventures.
Watch Video: HERE
- Find the major or program that’s right for you.
- Don’t miss the deadline! Learn how to apply.
- Early Decision I: November 1
- Early Decision II: January 1
- Regular Decision: January 1
- Not Actually an Undecided Student?
- Update Your Information! Keeping your information up-to-date for NYU can ensure you get the most accurate and relevant information to help you during your college search process.
NYU Admissions 383 Lafayette Street, New York, NY 10003 | Phone: 212-998-4500 | Email: email@example.com