Posted by heo
I also wanted to let you know about a brand-new International Summer School for students looking to start their undergraduate degrees in 2022. Across the whole programme, we have 5 subject streams on offer:
- Robotics Engineering
- Pharmacy & Pharmacology
- Business & Management (excluding Accounting & Finance).
The programme is virtual and free of charge and is open to all students who are academically able to study at Bath in their chosen subject. All students must also be able to show evidence of their English proficiency with an IELTS 5.5 overall or an equivalent qualification. If a student completes the International Summer School, including the sessions and activities that are included, they will be guaranteed to receive an offer for a place to study at Bath. This is on the condition that they meet the academic requirements necessary, a UCAS application is submitted by the UCAS equal consideration deadline and the subject stream they undertook as part of the International Summer School is for the degree they apply for.
I have attached more details and the link below – I would appreciate it if you are able to share this with any students that this may be of interest to. The deadline to apply is the 20th June and application outcomes will be communicated by 6th July.
We’re very keen to support your students, so please do let me know if I can be of assistance at all.
The International Summer School is a free, online programme focusing on five course areas offered at the University, consisting of a programme of academic activities, general sessions on applying to and studying in the UK and having contact with current students at the University.
Students will also be able to engage with their peers looking to studying a similar course as them.
Successful completion of the programme will give them access to a guaranteed conditional offer for 2022 entry.
This year’s summer school will take place from Monday 2 to Friday 6 August 2021.
Posted by heo
Iowa State University is organizing a series of innovation competitions for international students from the world. We would like to invite you and your school to join us for Innovation Fellows In Training: International Dash Series Summer 2021.
The International Dash Series includes a variety of workshops for international high school students to innovate alongside Iowa State faculty and students, and participate in Iowa State’s Innovation Fellows in Training Program.
As participants, students receive an innovation certificate, a t-shirt, and each workshop includes $4,500 in prizes (for a total of $27,000 in prizes).
Who Can Register:
High School Counselors, Administrators, or Teachers may register their school to participate in the upcoming series. Participation is free. Schools may register for more than one workshop and must submit their registration details by June 4.
Some of the competitions are open to all students and some are open to students with interests in certain fields. Detailed information can be seen here https://www.admissions.iastate.edu/i-fit_challenges
Posted by heo
Posted by heo
Posted by heo
Posted by heo
28th June to the 4th July 2021
A free, virtual event for students interested in studying Engineering at university, aimed at those finishing their GCSEs (or equivalent) or above.
This will include a series of live sessions led by engineering professional, academics and researchers and alumni looking at why engineering matters and their own career paths, alongside a wealth of materials about engineering degrees and conversations with current engineering students.
In 2021 the Engineering Experience will be a week long virtual event running from the 28th June to the 4th July 2021.
Who is the virtual event for
The event is for students who want to find out more about studying engineering at university, it is aimed in particular at the following groups
- Year 12 and BTEC Year 1 students
- Year 11 students
The event will include
- A series of live sessions delivered by academics, researchers, engineers and alumni exploring why engineering is important and helping you to look at which branch of engineering might suit your interests.
- Content to help you explore the degree programmes on offer at one of the UK’s largest engineering universities.
- Live webchats with current students so you can ask questions about studying and living at Loughborough University.
- An optional project to help participants develop academic skills.
How will the event work?
- Most of the live sessions will be in the evenings (28th June – 2nd July) or on the Saturday morning (3rd).
- The programme of live sessions will be circulated to all registered participants before the event (to register please follow the link below).
- Participants will sign up for the specific sessions they are interested in.
- Live sessions will be delivered on MS Teams, a link will be sent to the email address you registered with.
- Each live session has a maximum capacity of 300 participants but the sessions will be recorded and made available to all participants so if you miss a session or the session is oversubscribed you can catch it later.
How will the optional project work?
- A live introductory session for the project is planned for the Monday evening.
- Additional live sessions will take place throughout the week aimed at supporting participants to further develop their academic writing and presentation skills.
- The project will invite students to develop either an academic report or a research poster around a specified theme.
- Participants will have a month to complete their project and submit it by email for review by the panel.
- Feedback will be given for each submitted project.
- A prize will be awarded for both the best report and best poster.
How do I register for the event?
You can express interest in the event by completing the form through the link below.
If you have any questions please email Lisa on email@example.com
Posted by heo
2021 CDNIS Cambridge Remote Summer Programme –
Some courses are full but there are still spaces on many.
Your authentic Cambridge experience starts here. Students ages 15 – 18 may sign up for this unique online summer school experience and develop their critical thinking skills with some of the finest Cambridge instructors. Courses run from Monday, July 26 to Saturday, July 30. Courses are priced at an affordable HKD4,500 per 10–hour course. Students may choose from 28 courses in Medicine, Law, Engineering; Science & Technology; Mathematics; Social Sciences & Humanities. All students will receive a certificate and an invitation to attend an online Cambridge admissions talk on July 31. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by heo
Summer Workshops at Home
Are your students looking to push their creativity? Explore new media? Get experience working with professional creatives? OCAD University’s Summer Workshops are online running July 5th through 30th! Encourage them to sign up and get notified when registration opens here.
Being an artist or designer is not just about acquiring technical skill, it is also about being a strong critical, conceptual and creative thinker. At OCAD University, we teach our students how to be well rounded artists and designers who can talk about their work, write about their work, present themselves, and market themselves. We set out to help them find their place in a larger community of creative makers and thinkers by encouraging them to seek out opportunities to participate, connect and collaborate with one another.
So when you are preparing your portfolio, we want to know what motivates and excites you, where your ideas come from and most importantly, who you are. With that in mind, we developed the Summer Workshops at Home.
OCAD University’s Summer Workshops at Home are 3-week long studio experiences dedicated to help you create a finished work, or several finished pieces, for your portfolio! This programming is made for emerging artist and designers looking to pursue post-secondary education in the creative field.
While the workshops are geared towards ages 15-19, anyone is welcome to join!
Work closely with and learn from professional artists and designers to further develop your creative skills. Each course, facilitated online, is approximately 6 to 9 hours per week and offered synchronously.
Connect with your peers and instructor while working towards a finished or several finished works to add to your portfolio.
The course offerings are diverse, and you are welcome to choose your own schedule by signing up for more than one! Develop your current skills and understandings or explore new styles and mediums!
We hope that you join us in supporting your studio art or design practice!
- Fully online – join from your living room!
- 6-9 hours of instruction per week. The length of each course varies.
- Synchronous instruction (you’ll be live online with your instructor).
- Assignments between each class that can take up to 5 hours of offline creation time.
With Summer Workshops at Home, you can:
- Build your own schedule – register for more than one!
- Work towards a finished or several finished works for your portfolio!
- Explore a new path: Courses are diverse! Pick ones that deepen your understanding of a discipline or connect with other interests.
- Submit your work to an online gallery! Get the chance to show off your creations!
July 5 to July 30, 2021
Cost per workshop ranges from $100 – $200 CAD, depending on the length of the course.
Posted by heo
Hope everything goes well. I’m writing to share that our online Experience University Research (EUR) will be opened to accept high school students this summer. EUR is an immersive program designed to help highly motivated students take advantage of a Top 10 U.S. public university, building practical skills, gain invaluable experience, and becoming better prepared to attend a competitive university.
This 3-week intensive program allows advanced students to enroll in 2-3 online classes along with a variety of special presentations, virtual tours, advising sessions, and social events over the course.
Students over 15 years old, with TOEFL 60 or equivalent English skills, are eligible groups.
- Enhance your resume or university applications by taking undergraduate-level courses taught by UCI faculty or field experts—with no risk or affected GPAs!
- Get involved with project-based learning in some of UCI’s strongest fields of study: computer science, engineering, business management, and entrepreneurship.
- Develop academic research, critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills.
- Learn about UCI and how to enhance your academic and professional career.
Summer 2021: July 26th to August 12th
① Machine Learning & AI (Prerequisites: I&C SCI X426.59 intermediate Python or equivalent)
② Business & Finance
For more information, please kindly visit: https://ip.ce.uci.edu/programs/experienceuci/local/
Posted by heo
Hello from HKUST, and SUMMER is calling!
We know summer is the height of being alive. While your students are actively preparing for summer activities, we would like to share with you some highlighted programs offered by HKUST.
Your students will enjoy an early taste of university online learning experience, on topics ranging from Science, Engineering, Business, to Design Thinking, and Humanities & Arts. All taught by our prominent faculty and professional instructors.
Final call now. Please help spread the words.
HKUST Summer Institute 2021
HKUST Summer Institute offers S4 to S5 (or equivalent) students a great variety of credit-bearing courses to start preparing for future studies and get a taste of university courses. Apply now by May 7 (Fri) to get the HKUST journey begins!
Enrichment Program for Gifted Learners (EPGL) – Online Summer Program 2021
Offered by HKUST Centre for the Development of the Gifted and Talented, this program targets S1 to S6 students who have immense interests in specialised topics. Students will engage in interactive learning through fun online workshops and short courses. Apply now by May 6 (Thu)!
e-STEAM@Home Award Scheme
Self-paced boundless e-learning has been an effective way of learning. The Scheme allows S1 to S6 students to self learn and explore HKUST’s Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) at home. E-certificates will be awarded to students completing at least two MOOCs. Application opens until end of the 2021 cohort on Aug 15 (Sun). Start learning without boundaries!
Hope your students would join HKUST this summer to enrich the most exciting months of the year.
Take good care and stay safe. Wish things got better for everyone and we will meet all of you again soon!