UniFest Clearing and Confirmation Hub
Posted by heo
The UniFest Team wanted to make you aware that we are planning on holding three UniFest clearing events to target the results days for IB, HKDSE and A-levels. Although we hope that your students will not need to use the clearing services, we want to make sure that we are here for them and happy to help them in whatever way possible.
Our first briefing session will take place on 30 June 2021 at 19:00 Hong Kong time.Whilst the 3 sessions will be tailored slightly towards the IB, HKDSE and A Level results days, the content for each briefing will be similar, so students are welcome to attend any one, or multiple briefings.To register for the event, students can visit our Eventbrite page. This can also be accessed via the QR code on the attached poster.Myself (Nottingham), David (NTU) and Charlotte (Loughborough) are in the initial stages of organising the event so further details will follow over the next few weeks/months, however we just wanted to give you a heads up about the event as I know some of you may already be thinking about clearing and what support students will need.The initial thinking is to host a live event 1 week prior to each results day which the UniFest team will go through all the basics and more around clearing. So things like;
- What is clearing
- How to apply through clearing
- How to search for a course through clearing
- How to contact universities
- Adjustment/changing your program
- How to submit your documents
- Paying any deposits
- Obtaining your CAS
- How to prepare for your Student VisaWe will also aim to cover other areas as well, however if there are any other areas which you may think would be useful please let us know and we will try and include this as well.Once the live session has finished, we will upload the recording to our event page and it will allow students to view the recording up to 7 days after the session. When students sign up for the event, they will also receive a document which will have a list of all the universities taking part, with their contact details and information on how to apply through clearing to their university.After the live session has taken place the week before results day and students have registered for the event, students will then be able to book 1-2-1 sessions with all of the universities taking part to discuss their clearing options. The idea is that when students have these 1-2-1 meetings, the university reps will be able to make on the spot offers, however we will confirm this in the document so students are aware of this. The universities taking part will be the same universities from September 2020 and January 2021 with also a few added universities as well, so a good broad range of universities.I hope this event will be useful for you and the students. Looking forward to hearing from you if you do have any feedback, otherwise we will be in touch soon with further information.