Engineering Experience – Loughborough University
Posted by heo
28th June to the 4th July 2021
A free, virtual event for students interested in studying Engineering at university, aimed at those finishing their GCSEs (or equivalent) or above.
This will include a series of live sessions led by engineering professional, academics and researchers and alumni looking at why engineering matters and their own career paths, alongside a wealth of materials about engineering degrees and conversations with current engineering students.
In 2021 the Engineering Experience will be a week long virtual event running from the 28th June to the 4th July 2021.
Who is the virtual event for
The event is for students who want to find out more about studying engineering at university, it is aimed in particular at the following groups
- Year 12 and BTEC Year 1 students
- Year 11 students
The event will include
- A series of live sessions delivered by academics, researchers, engineers and alumni exploring why engineering is important and helping you to look at which branch of engineering might suit your interests.
- Content to help you explore the degree programmes on offer at one of the UK’s largest engineering universities.
- Live webchats with current students so you can ask questions about studying and living at Loughborough University.
- An optional project to help participants develop academic skills.
How will the event work?
- Most of the live sessions will be in the evenings (28th June – 2nd July) or on the Saturday morning (3rd).
- The programme of live sessions will be circulated to all registered participants before the event (to register please follow the link below).
- Participants will sign up for the specific sessions they are interested in.
- Live sessions will be delivered on MS Teams, a link will be sent to the email address you registered with.
- Each live session has a maximum capacity of 300 participants but the sessions will be recorded and made available to all participants so if you miss a session or the session is oversubscribed you can catch it later.
How will the optional project work?
- A live introductory session for the project is planned for the Monday evening.
- Additional live sessions will take place throughout the week aimed at supporting participants to further develop their academic writing and presentation skills.
- The project will invite students to develop either an academic report or a research poster around a specified theme.
- Participants will have a month to complete their project and submit it by email for review by the panel.
- Feedback will be given for each submitted project.
- A prize will be awarded for both the best report and best poster.
How do I register for the event?
You can express interest in the event by completing the form through the link below.
If you have any questions please email Lisa on email@example.com