Warwick update: Warwick Taster, IFP webinar, UG Scholarship deadline, 73 Questions
Posted by heo
It is with great pleasure to share with you that our taster lectures went very well! The feedback was very positive. Students really enjoyed the sessions and it’s lovely to see that their participation and enthusiasm in the subject areas. Here please feel free to share to your students to watch back if they are interested.
- English and Creative Writing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL13QRo-YTQ
- Statistics: https://eu.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/playback/load/93533753b1f246c4a5f4ebc2427fdcd4
- Life Sciences: Coming soon
- Engineering: will be held on coming Tuesday 1 December 2020 5:30-6:30pm HKT
- Link to register: https://your.warwick.ac.uk/form/sciencewebinar
- Meet Professor Georgia Kremmyda, our Director of Student Recruitment for Engineering, and listen to Professor Duncan Lockerby’s short taster lecture, to discover what our School of Engineering, which ranked 5th in the UK in The Guardian University League Table 2021, has to offer you. Professor Georgia Kremmyda is Director of Student Recruitment for Engineering and Director of Studies in Civil and Environmental Engineering. Professor Duncan Lockerby is Head of Research in the School of Engineering, Deputy Head of the School of Engineering and Professor in the Fluid Dynamics Research Centre at the University of Warwick.
If you have any Form5 /Senior Middle 2 /IGCSE students or equivalent who are considering going to the UK earlier before completing an international diploma qualification, International Foundation Programme (IFP) at Warwick would be one of the best options for them. They may join our upcoming webinar to learn more about the programme.
- IFP webinar: Thursday 10th December 6pm HKT
- Link to register: https://warwick.ac.uk/study/ifp/contactus/webinars/hongkong
- The Warwick IFP is one of the longest-running foundation programmes in the UK. During the webinar, we will discuss the 10 different IFP courses available, which allow students to further develop their academic knowledge and skills, and prepare them for the style of teaching and learning that can be expected during a UK degree
- Uniquely during the IFP, students receive advice and guidance in applying for undergraduate degree courses, whether at Warwick or any other UK university. If students choose a relevant undergraduate course at Warwick, then they are guaranteed a conditional offer.
- Outstanding performance of HK students among all nationalities: In the past three years, the passing rate and progression rate to Warwick for Hong Kong students were one of the highest among all nationalities – 95% pass rate and 85% progressed to Warwick.
UG Scholarship deadline
Warwick Undergraduate Global Excellence Scholarship 2021 (NEW) (Link)
- Submit your UCAS application for an Undergraduate course (including IFP) at the University of Warwick for 2021 entry by 15 January 2021 to be eligible
- Award details: 250 scholarships will be awarded to exceptional students who hold an offer to study at the University of Warwick:
- 20 x Full fee scholarships per year of study
- 160 x £13,000 scholarships per year of study
- 70 x £2,000 scholarships per year of study
Lastly, apparently the ’73 questions’ YouTube videos are becoming a popular thing! I was talking to one of the applicants today and she said she watched this video about 73 questions with Warwick and loved it. Apart from listening to the amazing sharing from the interviewee, you can also get a feeling of how beautiful it was in early autumn at Warwick. They have done one with LSE, Loughborough etc too. Enjoy it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqdPmNKLZ04