RISD Admissions Connect

Posted by heo

Greetings from RISD Admissions!

My name is Timothy Lai, and I am the International Admissions point person for RISD. I know it takes a lot of work to help students navigate their college applications, so I’m here to help as much as I can. While I won’t be able to visit y’all in person, I want to make myself available to you virtually.

Webinars
I’m excited to share the extensive lineup of webinars we have planned for the fall. Webinars include RISD 101 general info sessionsvirtual campus toursportfolio tips, application strategies, and more. Check out the full list of webinars here: www.risd.edu/live. This year, we’re even hosting webinars for counselors and educators, giving y’all an inside look into the RISD admissions process. Here is a recording of a webinar I think you might find helpful, it’s titled Inside Look with Mike.

Portfolio reviews from RISD
This year, RISD will be providing portfolio reviews through a number of National Portfolio Day events. National Portfolio Days are an opportunity for prospective students to present their portfolios to representatives from art and design colleges and university art departments. Aspiring artists can gather a wide range of opinions and advice about their portfolios, which may help them strengthen their work and prepare their college applications. Learn more here.

We will also be hosting portfolio reviews through The Association of Independent Colleges of Art & Design (AICAD). Students can upload a sample of their portfolio to the portfolio review portal and get detailed feedback from RISD representatives via email. This platform will be open to students through January. Students can log into this resource here: aicad.slideroom.com

RISD | Department of Theory and History of Art and Design