TCNJ Reflects on the Past and Looks Ahead
Posted by heo
As we celebrate the end of another academic year, we want to thank you for all your hard work! With many unforeseen bumps in the road, we recognize your efforts to support and motivate students throughout the application process, especially students who find their home at TCNJ! Know that we value our partnership with the school counseling community and we simply couldn’t be successful without you!
We also wanted to give you a sneak peak at some exciting changes coming to our application process next year. We’ve already shared the big one in a previous message: TCNJ will be test-optional for Fall 2021 applicants. We also have some revamped academic specializations that may be intriguing to your students, including:
- Art History and Visual Culture
- Astronomy/Astrophysics (specialization within Physics)
- Biochemistry (specialization within Chemistry)
- Biomedical Physics (specialization within Physics)
- Data Sciences (specialization within Computer Science or Mathematics)
- Geophysics (specialization within Physics)
- Materials Science (specialization within Chemistry or Physics)
- Special Education – Secondary Education (in Biology, English, History and Math)
- World Languages and Linguistics (specializations in French, Italian, Japanese and Spanish)
This is also an exciting time in the virtual world! We highly encourage your students and their families to participate in one of our Virtual Admissions Presentations. School counselors interested in learning more about TCNJ and our application process are welcome to join us too!
TCNJ is also supporting a variety of virtual college fairs and other online events where students, parents and school counselors can connect with us virtually!
While we understand that this upcoming school year will have its own unique challenges, our desire to help your students discover their passions and succeed in their college search remains unmatched. Our TCNJ Admissions Staff is always here to help you with any questions that you may have for your students.