- 15 day residential science event based at Imperial College London for students aged 16-21 years old
- World leading scientists give 12 main lecture demonstrations
- 500 students attend from over 70 countries worldwide
- 4 day visits to the best UK university laboratories (London, Oxford, Cambridge and UK), research centres and scientific institutions (choice from over 55 visits)
- 4 specialist lecture sessions, across subjects such as; Artificial Intelligence, Nano-technology, Engineering, Robotics, Biology, Medicine, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Astrophysics (choice of 32 lectures)
- Active social programme to share and learn about different cultures
- Students gain new knowledge and skills, connections and a broader perspective
- Participation charge of £2,095 GBP includes; 14 nights’ accommodation in South Kensington, all meals, main lectures and specialist lectures, scientific visits across the UK, transport during LIYSF, certificate and social programme.
- 62nd LIYSF: 29th July – 12th August 2020
CLIMATE FOR CHANGE
As always, LIYSF will aim to cover a broad range of subjects across STEM fields and students will be able to tailor their programme to suit their own STEM interests. LIYSF 2020 will have the underlying theme of CLIMATE FOR CHANGE.
The problems we face globally are diverse and challenging in nature, so we need diverse teams to tackle these. At LIYSF 2020 we will consider how all science disciplines should be used together to provide effective solutions for challenges such as, climate change, sustainable energy, viruses, ageing and over-population to data management, cyber-security and the authenticity of information. We will consider how science can be used to mobilise change and address the issues we face.