University College Cork (Medicine and Dentistry) visiting DC
Posted by heo
Date: 22 March 2018
Time: 13:30 – 14:20
Venue: 4F Diploma Centre
Both UCC and its School of Medicine are long-established, with a distinguished history and an excellent international reputation. Medicine at UCC offers the following:
- Rich tradition of teaching, research and scholarship: our Medical degrees are internationally recognised and held in high regard
- Ranks in the top 2% of universities worldwide
- One of Ireland’s leading research institutes
- Integrated, dynamic, systems-based medical curriculum with a strong research focus and world-class teaching facilities
- Crucial early patient contact and clinical teaching
- Early instruction on research methodology and opportunities for research
- Dedicated and experienced teaching staff
- Small group learning
- Excellent post-graduate training opportunities in Ireland and abroad due to active alumni network
- Superb modern facilities in purpose-built Medical School
- Friendly, welcoming university
- Excellent student accommodation within walking distance of Medical School
- Excellent student welfare support system and personal mentoring
- First-rate sporting facilities, 55 sports clubs and over 84 student societies
There are a wide variety of opportunities available to medical graduates.
Doctors are leaders in biomedical research, in the development of understanding of bodily function, diagnostic methods and therapies.
Doctors are engaged in the study of patterns of disease, while others may work as medical device manufacturers, in pharmaceutical companies and in the management of health and safety in the workplace.