Blog Tag: Hunger
Feeding Hong Kong Bread Run
Posted by Peter MUIR
Feeding Hong Kong (FHK) will be holding their first public Bread Run of the Year of the Snake on Tuesday February 19.
WHAT’S THE BREAD RUN?
Each week, FHK works with volunteers to collect surplus fresh bread from shops across Hong Kong at closing time. All Bread Run donations are redistributed amongst the FHK charity network the following morning.
HOW CAN YOU BECOME A BREAD RUNNER?
- Are you: Over 16 years old?
- Available on Tuesday February 19 between 8.00-9.30pm?
- Contactable via email and mobile?
Yes to all? Great!
- Volunteer to become a bread runner today
- Simply choose 1-2 stores in the area of your choice and register as an individual or a pair of volunteers
- On pick up night, arrive at your chosen store(s) at closing time, pick up the surplus bread and deliver it to one of the FHK collection points (Central, Yau Tong and Kowloon Tong)
Register today and encourage your friends, family and work colleagues to sign up too!
Want to be involved but not available? Here are some other ways you can get involved:
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
- Sign up to be an FHK volunteer
- Organise or participate in a Food Drive