Making a community healthier
Posted by Peter MUIR
Doing something to help members of your community become healthier can be a meaningful service project. There any many ways that health-related projects could be a part of your community engagement, here are just a few ideas that would involve direct, or indirect engagement –
- Help provide clean water for drinking and hygiene.
- Help prevent diseases like malaria, the measles, or HIV/AIDS.
- Help mums and babies be healthy so all babies survive and thrive.
- Help fight obesity by encouraging healthy eating and exercise.
- Help your peers choose healthy behaviors and avoid alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and other risky behaviors.
Some more ideas are listed here, on the Global Youth Service Day website, where you will also find resources to assist you in your community engagement (including some resources to support your CE project)