Update: 27 October
Camp is next week! Hopefully you and your children have started thinking about getting ready for camp next Wednesday. For information on what the students NEED to bring, please see the Kit List below.
A few important reminders:
- Students can come to school at the regular time. When they arrive, they will leave their suitcase in a line outside the PTA shop on the Ground floor. Then they will proceed to the Dance Studio (on the Lower Ground floor) with their day pack.
- Students NEED a packed snack and lunch for the first day of the camp. That is the only food they should bring with them and it needs to be in their day pack. All other food will be confiscated by teachers.
- Students NEED to have a full water bottle in their day pack. Please make sure the water bottle is clearly named.
- Students MUST be wearing a school hat. Please make sure it is clearly named.
- Students are allowed to bring a soft toy or a book to read, but are not allowed any electrical devices, including phones and Kindles. This also includes watches that have games on them. If you want your child to bring a camera, please remember that it will be their responsibility. We strongly suggest this is a disposable camera as things can be easily lost on camp.
- We will return to school on Friday 3 November at approximately 2.30pm. Parents are welcome to pick their children up then, or students can travel home by regular means at 3.15pm.
- Parents can stay updated on what is happening at camp by checking the photo slideshows below as well as the on the Twitter feed on the main page of this website. Photos will be uploaded as regularly as possible by Y4 teachers. Staff will not be responding to individual requests from parents for photos.
- If your child requires medicine during the trip, you must complete the “Medical Authorisation Form”. The form can also be downloaded from the school website: (http://goo.gl/CUachn) or collected from the school’s medical room. Medication needs to be put into a sealed plastic bag, labeled in English with your child’s name and clear directions for use, and given to the trip first aid leader on the first morning of the camp. Only medication prescribed by a physician will be given to your child during camp. Please do not send any other medication i.e Panadol, Vitamins. If you have any questions please contact the Discovery College school nurses.