Monthly Archives: October 2018
Posted by year4
Year 4 camp is actually now just around the corner. The students are getting excited and the teachers are finalising plans. There are a couple of last minute things that we’d like to remind you of for Wednesday:
1. Students should arrive on Wednesday morning at the normal time (before 8.19am) with their large pack and a day pack.
2. A lunch and a snack need to be packed for the first day. All other food will be provided by us.
3. Please do not pack any extra food for your child. They will be well-fed on camp.
4. Students are not allowed to bring any electronic toys or phones. This includes the smart watches that many students are now wearing around school.
5. Students can pack a Halloween costume if they want to, but should not wear it to school in the morning.
6. Please visit the Camp page on our Year 4 Website for updates. Pictures will also be found there. Although we will attempt to upload pictures in the evenings, it is not always possible. Please be understanding.
7. You will notice that the homework for this week is for students to practice making their bed. This includes putting a pillow into a pillow case and putting a sheet on a bed. We would appreciate it if you could help them learn how to do this.
8. Students will return to school by 2.30pm on Friday. You can pick them up then, or they will go home like the end of a normal school day.
Posted by year4
It is unfortunate for some families that Year 4 Camp falls on Halloween this year. But…the good news for students is that we WILL be celebrating Halloween at camp.
This will happen on October 31, the first night of camp. There will not be any candy and students will not be trick-or-treating, but there will be costumes and lots of fun, Halloween-themed activities.
Students are welcome to bring a costume if they want. Please remember that they will be responsible for the safe-keeping of anything that is brought on camp. It is also important to keep in mind that Year 4 students are quite notorious for losing and breaking things while away from home. We suggest you keep that in mind when choosing a costume.
If your family does not celebrate Halloween, students are still welcome to bring a costume associated with their favourite book or book character.
Teachers will take lots of pictures and they will be posted on the website for parents to see. For the most part, these pictures will not be available right away, but we will do our best to post them as soon as we can. Often we run into difficulties with reliable internet access.
Some other important things for parents to remember:
- Please do not send any candy or additional food with students, they will be very well fed.
- Please be aware that parent helpers who come to camp are asked NOT to take pictures and send them via social media.
- Please make a sensible choice of costume for students so that it is easily kept in their suitcase and requires no help to assemble/wear.
Please make sure you check the camp page on our website for the kit list and the camp schedule. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact your class teacher.