Monthly Archives: August 2018
Posted by year4
Thank you to those parents who were able to attend the Parent Information Evening. The slideshow, including video, that we used is below.
Also, here is the list of questions you can ask your child instead of ‘How was your day?”
1. Can you tell me an example of kindness you saw/showed?
2. Was there an example of unkindness? How did you respond?
3. Does everyone have a friend at recess?
4. What was the book about that your teacher read?
5. What’s the word of the week?
6. Did anyone do anything silly to make you laugh?
7. Did anyone cry?
8. What did you do that was creative?
9. What is the most popular game at recess?
10. What was the best thing that happened today?
11. Did you help anyone today?
12. Did you tell anyone “thank you?”
13. Who did you sit with at lunch?
14. What made you laugh?
15. Did you learn something you didn’t understand?
16. Who inspired you today?
18. What was your least favorite part of the day?
19. Was anyone in your class gone today?
20. Did you ever feel unsafe?
21. What is something you heard that surprised you?
22. What is something you saw that made you think?
23. Who did you play with today?
24. Tell me something you know today that you didn’t know yesterday.
25. What is something that challenged you?
26. How did someone fill your bucket today? Whose bucket did you fill?
27. Did you like your lunch?
28. Rate your day on a scale from 1-10.
29. Did anyone get in trouble today?
30. How were you brave today?
31. What questions did you ask at school today?
32. Tell us your top two things from the day (before you can be excused from the dinner table!).
33. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
34. What are you reading?
35. What was the hardest rule to follow today?
36. Teach me something I don’t know.
37. If you could change one thing about your day, what would it be?
38. (For older kids): Do you feel prepared for your history test?” or, “Is there anything on your mind that you’d like to talk about?”
39. Who did you share your snacks with at lunch?
40. What made your teacher smile? What made her frown?
41. What kind of person were you today?
42.What made you feel happy?
43. What made you feel proud?
44. What made you feel loved?
45. Did you learn any new words today?
46. What do you hope to do before school is out for the year?
47. If you could switch seats with anyone in class, who would it be? And why?
48. What is your least favorite part of the school building? And favorite?
49. If you switched places with your teacher tomorrow, what would you teach the class?
50. What made you smile today?
Posted by year4
We have had a fantastic first two weeks in Year 4. The students seem to be settling in well and the teachers are all really happy with the progress they’ve shown even this early in the year. Mostly we have been focussed on ensuring students are happy, establishing routines and expectations and giving the students opportunities to feel empowered in the classroom so that they feel some control over their learning.
Hopefully we will get to meet all of you next week on Thursday 30 August at the Parent Information Evening. In the meantime, can we please encourage you to ensure your child has all the necessary stationery items. We’ve especially noticed that a number of students are missing white board markers.
If you want to contact your classroom teacher please use the following email addresses:
Kris Stanhope (4KSE) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin McDavid (4KMD) – email@example.com
Mak Steed (4MSD) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Sherriff (4ASF) – email@example.com
Enjoy a few photos of our start: