Sharing the planet
Posted by year2
Our new inquiry has started with much curiosity and enthusiasm from the students. This unit has a strong science focus exploring living things and how they survive in the different environments. In connection with this inquiry students will visit Siena Park to observe living things and how they behave. Other ways students will explore how living things survive will be through media (images, videos, websites) as well as print material. This inquiry will lead students to appreciate the world around them and understand the importance of caring for the environment by taking responsible action.
Our Central idea:
The characteristics of living things help them survive in their environment.
Lines of inquiry
- Basic needs of living things
- Physical and behavioural characteristics of animals
- How an environment is connected to an animal’s survival
- What are the basic needs of living things?
- What are the physical and behavioural characteristics of animals?
- How do animals survive in their environment?
Language – reading non-fiction texts, communicating to entertain & persuade