Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phnom Penh is the vibrant bustling capital of Cambodia. Situated at the confluence of three rivers, the mighty Mekong, the Bassac and the great Tonle Sap, Phnom Penh was once the gem of IndoChina.
The No Boundaries team this year will focus on working with the Save the Bears Foundation, located within the Phnom Tamoa Wildlife Rescue Centre. Here the students will assist in helping to improve and enrich the lives of the rescued bears as well as support the efforts made to rescue more bears in need.
Aside from spending a number of days working with this organisation, the group will also soak in historical sites in and around Phnom Penh. These will include ‘the killing fields’, the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and other places of historical importance.
- Three days of engagement at Save the Bear Foundation
- Local village market visits
- Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
- The Russian Market
- Cultural and historical sites in Phnom Penh.
- The infamous Killing Fields
- Dinner cruise on the Mekong River
- Get fascinated with the Khmer culture as visit temples
Fly to Phnom Penh (Cathay Dragon).
Requirements / Expectations:
This experience is best suited for students who:
- Are eager to learn and get captivated by the history and culture of Cambodia
- Are keen to be involved in supporting the “Save the Bears Foundation”.
- Want to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Are open-minded and flexible