Applications open for Community Engagement Captains 2017-18
Posted by Peter MUIR
An exciting leadership opportunity for students keen to develop their leadership skills, and help further develop Community Engagement at DC.
Students in Years 7-12 are invited to apply for a Community Engagement Captains position. The Community Engagement (CE) Captains will consist of elected student members who will play a role in managing and developing Discovery College’s CE activities.
This leadership opportunity will enable successful applicants to develop communication skills, skills in promotion and marketing, organisational skills, and foster information literacy and social capital.
The CE Captain’s role will include:
- Encourage and support student CE efforts
- Promote CE activities within the school
- Assist in developing and reviewing a DC CE plan
- Authorize proposals for student run CE events
- Approve student proposals for CE clubs in the school
- Liaise with Secondary leadership team about CE activities
- Communicate CE activities to parents and the broader community
- Prepare annual CE reports
- Contribute to a review of DC’s efforts in CE
- Where applicable, representing DC at external CE events
- Meeting fortnightly with the Community Engagement Coordinator
Successful applicants will have:
- Demonstrated development in each of the IB Learner profile attributes
- Be able to commit to attend fortnightly meetings
- A willingness to commit to Community Engagement
To apply for this position, please submit this form. Two student representatives from each of Years 7-12 will be chosen as CE Captains.